TF14061 error: Neither can undo the changes nor able to delete workspace. Workspace does not exist RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been trying to undo the checkouts of one of our old employees who has left the organization last year and the computer has been removed / formatted. As an admin, i tried to undo his changes using the following method:

1. Right click --> Find --> Find by Status (with GUI)

2. tf undo "$/Project"  /workspace:"WKxxxxxx;User Name" /server:http://tfsserver:8080/tfs (with Command)

But both say that the wrokspace doesn't exist. I also tried to remove the workspace using the below command which also says that the workspace doest not exist any more.

tf workspace /delete "WKxxxxx;User Name" /server:http://tfserver:8080/tfs

This is a weird thing. Please help me in this.

Thanks,

Ashish

• Edited by Ash Kam Tuesday, September 22, 2015 11:27 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 9:54 AM

Answers

• hi Ash,

please use

tf workspaces /owner:* /collection:TeamProjectCollectionUrl
    to get list of all workspaces and check if the workspace effectively exists. You can specify the correct owner if you want to reduce the list.

if it does than follow do:

tf workspace /delete [/collection:TeamProjectCollectionUrl] workspacename[;workspaceowner][/login:username,[password]]

Workspace Command (valid for TFS 2012/2013/2015)

Deleting a Workspace

If you delete a workspace that contains pending changes, Team Foundation cancels the pending changes as part of the delete process. Deleting a workspace does not delete the files and folders on the client computer that were in that workspace

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 11:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Ashish,

You can install "Team foundation side kicks" and using this you can view all the workspaces availabel for TFS instance.

Among those you can delete the workspace and that's it. File will be unlocked and ther you go.

Please let me know in case any help required.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Rajesh

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 11:23 AM
  • hi Ash,

please use

tf workspaces /owner:* /collection:TeamProjectCollectionUrl
    to get list of all workspaces and check if the workspace effectively exists. You can specify the correct owner if you want to reduce the list.

if it does than follow do:

tf workspace /delete [/collection:TeamProjectCollectionUrl] workspacename[;workspaceowner][/login:username,[password]]

Workspace Command (valid for TFS 2012/2013/2015)

Deleting a Workspace

If you delete a workspace that contains pending changes, Team Foundation cancels the pending changes as part of the delete process. Deleting a workspace does not delete the files and folders on the client computer that were in that workspace

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 11:32 AM
  • My boss change TFS Server OS, without notice, and put me through lots of troubles, from getting collection database back online, till generating new user and giving them permission,... still when my partnet wish to link his project to TFS, it give him error, regarding this workspace is mapped, i also do what you said, but it had no effect on the error.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 8:22 AM
  • i somehow manage to find old database from the drive last OS where in, and i used that, as he didn't detach the DB from TFS and only from SQL, so TFS new DB Didn't know about these database are available... i used the old one, now i have all these issue... lot of process has been made by personnel and i cant just tell them to delete and get them :|
    Monday, April 10, 2017 8:25 AM