Request: Please make MSRS Standard Edition part of the Bizspark Program!!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Currently, MSRS is not available via the Bizspark program, focused on enabling startups to leverage Microsoft technologies to build innovative applications.  I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider adding MSRS to this program, as I think it will help fuel additional growth for MSRS and CCR/DSS applications. 
    Friday, February 20, 2009 3:28 PM

All replies

• Thank you for your suggestion. I will pass it on.

Don't forget that the Express Edition is available for free.

Trevor
    Friday, February 20, 2009 10:34 PM
  • Hi, Trevor.  

Just following up here.  The main obstacle with the Express edition is the inability to do distributed deployments and to generate C# code.  Royalty-free distribution is not a concern - for that, one could certainly pay for a development license.  Any further thoughts on opening up other versions to Bizspark/MSDN subscribers?

Thanks,

Rick
    Friday, March 13, 2009 6:44 PM
  • The situation is unlikely to change in the near future.

Trevor
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:38 AM
  • For what it is worth, I am also part of the Bizspark program and would like to see it included as well.

Perhaps more importantly I would like to see additional white papers, videos and sample code on how to use the CCR+DSS in commercial (non robotics) applications.

I know the MSRS team is small, but I believe Microsoft has a real oppurtunity here.
    Monday, March 16, 2009 10:02 PM
  • Again, thank you for your feedback. I have passed this request on to the relevant managers.

Trevor
    Monday, March 23, 2009 8:37 PM
  • We are working on it. Should be available soon
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:26 PM
  • MSRS is now in BizSpark :-)
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:11 PM
  • Hello
    I manage the BizSpark program at Microsoft.
    i just wanted to let you know that  MSRS and CRR are now available to BizSpark startups on MSDN (in dev tools).
    thanks for the feedback.
    hope you will like it.
    regards
    Julien
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:11 PM
  • Thank You
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:19 AM
  • Hi, Julien.

Thanks for making it available to Bizspark members.  I'm the one who first initiated the request, and am DELIGHTED to see it made available.  I've green-lighted my developers to actively evaluate it as a part of our future software solutions!

Best regards,

Rick Bullotta
    CTO/Co-Founder
    Burning Sky Software
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 4:32 PM