Adding the new inbound map using the binding files in BizTalk to the existing receive port RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team, 

We have an integration already existing in the Biz Talk admin console under an application.  The receive port contains an inbound map. There is a new requirement, where we have to fetch data from another source system but the destination schema is same as the existing map's destination schema. 

We want to add the new inbound map under the receive port whenever i deploy my binding file. Is it possible? I know we can add it manually, but can we achieve it using the binding files?

We got the below link, saying we cannot do it using binding file.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa547590.aspx

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Veena 

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 11:29 AM

All replies

• Yes, it is possible to have several/different maps on one receive port

The binding file will Overwrite the existing list of maps for this receive port with the list of maps for this receive port specified in the binding file.

Configure receive port/locations as needed in QA, check binding file in QA and distribute to your production enviroment

hth /Peter

• Edited by Peter Lykkegaard Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:36 PM Set to bold to clarify
    Wednesday, July 19, 2017 11:56 AM
  • Hi Veena,

If I understand you correctly, you want to add one more receive port directly by updating the bindings.

You can add additional map to the receive port.

You can do it by manually updating the binding file. Search for the specific receive port and in that list tags you will find <Transforms> xml tag. In which there will be only on <Transform> now. You can add one more <Transform> there. 

Please make sure that you put all the correct values in the attributes for newly created tag.

Thanks, Girish R. Patil.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:20 PM
  • HOLD ON!

For clarity, you cannot add a Transform by importing a Binding File.  The Transforms in the Binding file will replace anything that's configured on the Port.  Any Binding File would need both the old and new Transforms to be successful.

So, the answer is yes provided you add the new Transform along with the existing Transform in the Binding File, then import. The Binding File has both Transforms.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:26 PM
  • Yep as stated, the binding file will Overwrite the existing list of maps for this receive port 

/Peter

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:36 PM