none
Testing before Commit

Question

• Working with Visual Studio 2015 Community.  I have a local repository that is connected to Bit-Bucket with Source Tree helping to pull files from BB.

Everything works great at first but then at some point during the project I'm no longer able to test before committing changes.

After working with a file I save changes and click to test in debug mode, but none of my changes are being built.  The file indicator is the red-checkmark.  My only option is to commit and then test.  As opposed to working on various files and then committing when they are all ready.

Am I missing something obvious here? 

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 4:52 PM

Answers

• Hi JMcConnell303,

>>I'm no longer able to test before committing changes.

Does Not able to test mean we could not debug the program before committing changes? Has some error message or other information that you could not test your project.

Please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1). You could create a new repository from Bitbucket and clone to local repository. To create a new Console Application and commit it to Bitbucket. After working and save the changes and debug your project to observe whether this issue occurs. If there is no problem, this should be related to the project you test, please check your project whether could be tested in VS. If it also has problem, which could be related Bitbucket in your VS.

2). In my side, I have download a Bitbucket extension for VS2015 from the following link, and I could debug the project before commit to Bitbucket without any problems.

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/6f8954a6-2358-4f4a-b69b-e51199935fad

You could try to use this extension to observe whether has the same issue.

Please feel free to let me know your latest result.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 5:31 AM