none
BT2010 Adapter Pack, Oracle UDT, and supported Oracle Versions RRS feed

• Question

• We're running Oracle 10g and using the 11g ODP.Net and Oracle Clients on the BizTalk Server, from what I'm reading this setup should support User Defined Types if I understand correctly. Am I mistaken?

Trying basically to pass a UDT nested table as a parameter to a stored procedure. Doing so would vastly improve efficiency of the application, so getting this working would be a boon.

Through the consume adapter service utility I've supplied the path/filename for the generated assembly and the SNK for its compilation, and am having some tablespace errors when trying to generate the WSDL it seems, and I'm trying to make sure the setup is supported before I dive too far into fixing those issues.

Friday, April 22, 2011 3:56 PM

Answers

• Alright, seems I am correct, 10g with 11g client works fine for this situation. I made this post asynchronously with asking to increase available tablespace to maximize chance of getting a solution quickly. They increased tablespace and it worked fine. For those curious here are my types, just in case a tangible example can help a googlenaut

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE 
    H32AIE.MESSAGE_PART AS OBJECT( Guid varchar2(36),
                    Message_Number varchar2(20),
                    Message_Part_Type_ID number,
                    Message_Part CLOB,
                    Seq number);

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE H32AIE.MESSAGE_PART_LIST AS TABLE OF H32AIE.MESSAGE_PART;

:

Using MESSAGE_PART_LIST as the parameter to a procedure. 

Friday, April 22, 2011 4:22 PM