Billing - Custom prices? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As a service provider I would like to customize the billing-feature in Azure Stack, will that be possible and how will that reflect the prices in Azure?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Anders

Thursday, February 4, 2016 12:29 PM

Answers

• Anders

I think you may have understood what Azure Stack is. It's called Windows Azure Stack because it runs on windows (Windows Server 2016) and looks like Azure, but it is not Azure. The idea is you setup your own services in your own data centre - with cross-charging or billing as you wish so the charges you set have nothing to do with Microsoft Azure. This webcast .. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/azure-stack/webcast/ is by the two guys that led its development Jeffrey Snovver & Mark Russonivitch which explains all this in more detail.

please mark this as an answer if it was helpful @deepfat

Thursday, February 4, 2016 4:42 PM

All replies

• Anders

I think you may have understood what Azure Stack is. It's called Windows Azure Stack because it runs on windows (Windows Server 2016) and looks like Azure, but it is not Azure. The idea is you setup your own services in your own data centre - with cross-charging or billing as you wish so the charges you set have nothing to do with Microsoft Azure. This webcast .. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/azure-stack/webcast/ is by the two guys that led its development Jeffrey Snovver & Mark Russonivitch which explains all this in more detail.

please mark this as an answer if it was helpful @deepfat

Thursday, February 4, 2016 4:42 PM
  • Thanks Andrew,

I have followed Azure Stack a while so Im well aware of what it is, but I havent really found any information regarding the Billing other than it will be included :)

I guess the management will be release further down the road.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Anders

Thursday, February 4, 2016 6:45 PM
  • Cloud Assert has a custom resource provider for Microsoft Azure Stack that enables usage and billing for Azure Stack resources.  If you are interested in knowing more about the solution, please reach out to me.

Best Regards,
    Aravind

Monday, September 18, 2017 10:57 PM