none
Legacy Visual Studio web application projects do not upgrade as web application projects

Question

• Legacy Visual Studio web application projects do not upgrade as web application projects.

I have a 2008 visual studio web application project that I need to upgrade to 2010 or 2015 visual studio.

The wizard appears on attempted open.

The wizard converts the project.

I then right click on the properties and there is no web configuration page within the properties of the project.

How can the converted web project be upgraded to the same and why does it not do so automatically?

steve

Friday, December 04, 2015 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi steve,

>>I then right click on the properties and there is no web configuration page within the properties of the project.

Could you share me a screen about the "web configuration page"?

For example, if I open a simple VS2008 web project in my VS2010, I could get the result like the following screen shot:

One important issue is that whether you want to visit the project property or the solution property like A and B, they have the different property settings. For example, the "Configuration properties" is related to the Solution property. Right click A->Property, you would get this page.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 07, 2015 11:01 AM