none
New user having problem with visual studio ASP.NET Core MVC app tutorial

Question

• Hi,

I am a new user of visual studio and thought I would start with 'Building your firstASP.NET Core MVC app in Visual Studio' tutorial. I followed the tutorial to the letter,  and all went well until the Adding a Controller page. I right clicked on Controllers>Add>Controller, but the Controller option was greyed-out, and clicking it did nothing (no errors reported). I did a quick web search, but couldn't see anything relevant. Since I'm unfamiliar with the product, I have no idea what the problem is. Hope someone can give me a helping hand.

Friday, June 24, 2016 6:13 AM

Answers

• I solved the problem for myself. I just had to stop the program from running (Debug>Stop Debug). Maybe it would have been OK in non-debug.

Perhaps the tutorial should mention stopping in debug mode before proceeding to add controller.

• Marked as answer by Bill Messer Friday, June 24, 2016 10:23 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2016 10:23 AM

All replies

• I solved the problem for myself. I just had to stop the program from running (Debug>Stop Debug). Maybe it would have been OK in non-debug.

Perhaps the tutorial should mention stopping in debug mode before proceeding to add controller.

• Marked as answer by Bill Messer Friday, June 24, 2016 10:23 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2016 10:23 AM
  • Hi Bill,

Thank you for sharing your solution and result here.

It will benefit other community members who encountered similar issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 27, 2016 6:19 AM