none
text box changes sizes when inserting another objet RRS feed

• Question

• How do you keep the a text box, where all the dimensions are "absolute", from changing its size when inserting an object?
    Sunday, May 3, 2015 11:47 PM

Answers

• Clear the option to "Resize shape to fit text" in the Shape Options for the text box. (If you are using Word 2013, you'll find this option in the Format Shape task pane.)

More importantly, note that you don't need to insert a text box first, before adding an object. You can add the object directly in the document and set Text Wrapping as you prefer.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:17 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:19 PM

All replies

• How do you keep the a text box, where all the dimensions are "absolute", from changing its size when inserting an object?

What do you mean  for this sentence ,

where all the dimensions are "absolute", from changing its size when inserting an object

didn't have a clue for this and need your more explain for this

Monday, May 4, 2015 5:42 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my understanding, after you have inserted an object, the size of the textbox on your document changed. I have made a test, after inserting a bitmap image, my vertical textbox size didn’t change. Did I miss something? Since I can’t reproduce this issue, could you please illustrate the detailed steps so it could be reappear?

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:13 AM
  • Clear the option to "Resize shape to fit text" in the Shape Options for the text box. (If you are using Word 2013, you'll find this option in the Format Shape task pane.)

More importantly, note that you don't need to insert a text box first, before adding an object. You can add the object directly in the document and set Text Wrapping as you prefer.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Marked as answer by L.HlModerator Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:17 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:19 PM