How do I install a w8.0 phone BETA app on Windows 10 mobile? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app that is for Beta distribution. It is built for Windows Phone 8. I can still update it and install it on my Windows 8.1 phone but I can't install it on a Windows 10 mobile device. In fact, I can't even create a promotional code and get it to install that way. here's what I see:

I go to the link to the store page and I get a store page in the browser that shows the app info and says "Go to the app". So I click that button and get into the store app where it shows my beta app with the Install button disabled. It says "You own this app", which is useless because I can't install it on this device. if I create and use a promo code, I get to a page of some sort that says that I own the app and suggests I give my promo code to someone else. I go to the store downloads page and my app is not there. I click on "Check for updates" and my app is not there.

There appears to be no way to load this beta-only app on a Windows 10 phone.

I would like someone to tell me how to fix this without going through the generic "reinstall your OS" stuff that never helps anyone. I really don't want to do that if I can avoid it. But if no other suggestions turn up here, I'll try that without needing to be told how to it it; this is not my first rodeo (I install and uninstall my OS on more than a few devices every few weeks it seems).

Thanks.

Saturday, June 18, 2016 5:02 AM

All replies

• Hi !

If you own this app, is this app available under store app/my apps ?
    In my case, i can´t install the beta app because i use the promo code once and the app is assigned to my store account.
    But i can re-install this app again under store app/my apps -- show all apps.

Maybe this helps!?

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:32 PM