none
MS ACCESS 2016 - CAN'T ACCESS LINKED TABLE FROM A FORM RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I have the following config:

ACCESS 2016 / WIN 10

MYSQL 5.7

I have a  linked updateable view (inner joins on multiple tables) in Access. Only columns in the primary table of the view are exposed in a custom form I have created that uses VB for sorting, etc.

- I can open the view in Access and update recs.

- I can create a tabular form from the view and update recs.

- But when I update thru my custom form, I get an error #1221.

I'm not doing a lot in the custom form, so I'm at a loss as to why the error occurs...

Thanks in advance...

Sunday, May 28, 2017 12:10 AM

All replies

• Update

I'm also getting an error #1393, so it seems that the form is trying to update more than one base table, even though I only update fields from one table.

Also, in one of my forms, I deleted all fields from the joined table and was able to update. When I added the fields back, I could still update. But in other forms, I have the same problem.

Access is somewhat inconsistent...

Sunday, May 28, 2017 12:33 AM
  • RESOLVED

The form field corresponding to the primary key was not locked...

Sunday, May 28, 2017 12:46 AM
  • Hi IMTanuki,

from your last post , I can see that your issue was solved by yourself.

I suggest you to mark your last post as an answer.

so that we can close this thread.

if you do not mark the case then we are not able to close this case and it will remain open.

so help us to close this thread by marking the answer.

it will also help other community members in future who face the same issue like yours.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 29, 2017 3:15 AM