none
Installation Issue CSF 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• When I install CSF 3.0 I'm always having this error :

Product: Microsoft Connected Services Framework 3.0 Developer Edition -- Error 25532.Failed to find node: /configuration/microsoft.connectedServices/componentConfigFiles/add[@key='IdentityManager']/@value in XML file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft CSF\V3.0\Connectors\Identity Manager\Web.config, system error: -2147020584

When I'm looking at the sample web.config and the installed web.cofig, it seems that I'm missing some configuration values. It's strange that the installer missed some configuration.

Anyone have an idea ?

Steve Charland

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 3:07 PM

Answers

• Steve - I don't think the configuration file is missed in the installer as the product has been installed by numerous people. I believe you have ran into some environment issue.

Did you download the free version or MSDN subscription version?

Thanks

Thursday, October 12, 2006 4:52 AM

All replies

• Steve - I don't think the configuration file is missed in the installer as the product has been installed by numerous people. I believe you have ran into some environment issue.

Did you download the free version or MSDN subscription version?

Thanks

Thursday, October 12, 2006 4:52 AM
  • I'm using the MSDN subscription version

Thursday, October 12, 2006 3:40 PM
  • Hello Steve,

Can you please clean up all the installation and try installing the CSF 3.0 by following the deployment guide?

If you get the same error this time, then please check the event log for any detailed error description. Please let me know the error in the event log in that case.

Regards,

Vikram

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 9:14 AM
  • Hi Steve,

This is an error when your configuration file gets corrupted. I faced this once after I had fiddled with the installation file.

I just went ahead re installed it and it worked like a charm..

Thanks,

Venu

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:19 PM