I develop and test a lot and I miss the OPEN IN BLEND from VS RRS feed

• Question

• Any update soon to give us the OPEN IN BLEND which would greatly help testing development for the platform ?

Marcheur extrême...
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:56 PM

Answers

• @GearWorld -- I agree...LOVE that quick link.  One thing to note is for the public developer preview the Blend 5 bits that are there are only for HTML development.  XAML support is not in the Blend preview so it won't work and that is also why the "open in blend" shortcut is not lit up.

Hope this helps!

Tim Heuer | Program Manager, XAML | http://timheuer.com/blog | @timheuer

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)
    Friday, October 21, 2011 3:28 AM
  • Oh ? Ok I see

I'll stick with the buggy VS design surface until something change.
    Thank you

Marcheur extrême...
    • Marked as answer by GearWorld Friday, October 21, 2011 6:13 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 6:13 PM

All replies

• Working with VS for the UI is a NO GO.  Very bad, very hard and not very Graphic firendly.  Blend is like the God of UI development for xaml.

Marcheur extrême...
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:58 PM
  • How can I just installed the 4.8gig iso and even been updated by the platform and yet Blend 5 doesn't seem to work with VS 11 ?
    Of course I downloaded and installed VS 11 but I don't know where to download the right Blend 5 version for it

Marcheur extrême...
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:03 PM
  • Please see the Known Issues with editing XAML post at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/toolsforwinapps/thread/38847ac8-e387-4af6-8411-c9c95c27e67f .

No further updates have been announced.

--Rob

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:03 PM
  • Server Error in '/Forums' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Forums/en-US/toolsforwinapps/thread/38847ac8-e387-4af6-8411-c9c95c27e67f

Marcheur extrême...
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:06 PM
  • It looks like you chopped off the beginning of the URL.  The post is stickied in the Tools for Metro style apps forum.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:13 PM
  • @GearWorld -- I agree...LOVE that quick link.  One thing to note is for the public developer preview the Blend 5 bits that are there are only for HTML development.  XAML support is not in the Blend preview so it won't work and that is also why the "open in blend" shortcut is not lit up.

Hope this helps!

Tim Heuer | Program Manager, XAML | http://timheuer.com/blog | @timheuer

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)
    Friday, October 21, 2011 3:28 AM
  • Oh ? Ok I see

I'll stick with the buggy VS design surface until something change.
    Thank you

Marcheur extrême...
    • Marked as answer by GearWorld Friday, October 21, 2011 6:13 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 6:13 PM