2 Problems RRS feed

• Question

• User-1371429893 posted
    Hi,

I'm currently trying to reproduce the club site starter kit to get a better understanding of how the website runs. I have encountered 2 problems:

1. The links to the *_edit.aspx pages should only show if I'm logged in as an administrator, e.g. the "add new event" button etc. However, I can see the links even tho I'm an anonymous user. The only changes I've made to the original was that I put the code between the script tags in a code behind file.

2. Upon entering the *_edit pages, e.g. events_edit.aspx, I only see the Event Details header followed by the dotted line separator. There is no futher content beyond that, even though the design view shows 
                   Event Heading: Databound
                   Link: Checkbox
                                  Link: Databound
                   etc.

Is it possible to tell from these scenarios the possibilities of errors that I have made for these problems to occur? I am re-creating the files one by one to trace the application flow, so I may have missed a file. Thanks for the help in advance.
    Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:10 AM

All replies

• User1732183692 posted
    Make sure you setup the security roles inside the web.config file.  If you look at the original config file you'll see all those edit pages are being denied access to everything and granted access to the "Administrators" role.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:43 AM