Cannot debug website with VS 2013 express for web. Unable to connect to the configured development Web server. RRS feed

• Question

• User-772104780 posted

After install VS 2013 express for web I cannot debug website. I have Windows 7.
    It works with VS 2012 express for web.
    Unable to connect to the configured development Web server.
    Failed to register URL "http://localhost:49890/" for site "project_name" application "/". Error description: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Saturday, August 9, 2014 7:10 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

garygold2

According to your description above, first we need make sure whether it is your project issue or the VS IDE issue.

For this issue, it's recommended to repair your VS 2013 express for web first.

To repair Visual Studio

1.In Control Panel, on the Programs and Features page, choose the product edition that you want to repair, and then choose Uninstall/Change.

2. In the Setup wizard, choose Repair, choose Next, and then follow the remaining instructions.

Then use this command line: Devenv.exe /SafeMode. It launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

It's also recommended to create simple web application, and test whether it is project issue.

Similar thread: http://forums.asp.net/t/2001759.aspx 

If you have any concern, please let me know.

Regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 11, 2014 2:56 AM

All replies

• User-1360095595 posted

Do you use "Run as administrator" to launch visual studio? If not, try that and see if it helps. 

Saturday, August 9, 2014 9:46 PM
  • User-772104780 posted

thanks. I tried to launch visual studio 2013 web as administrator, the same error.

Sunday, August 10, 2014 4:00 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

garygold2

According to your description above, first we need make sure whether it is your project issue or the VS IDE issue.

For this issue, it's recommended to repair your VS 2013 express for web first.

To repair Visual Studio

1.In Control Panel, on the Programs and Features page, choose the product edition that you want to repair, and then choose Uninstall/Change.

2. In the Setup wizard, choose Repair, choose Next, and then follow the remaining instructions.

Then use this command line: Devenv.exe /SafeMode. It launches the IDE in safe mode loading minimal windows.

It's also recommended to create simple web application, and test whether it is project issue.

Similar thread: http://forums.asp.net/t/2001759.aspx 

If you have any concern, please let me know.

Regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, August 11, 2014 2:56 AM