none
[UWP]Acces denied for EmailManager.RequestStoreAsync

Question

• Hello,

when I call

varstore = awaitEmailManager.RequestStoreAsync(EmailStoreAccessType.AllMailboxesLimitedReadWrite);

with SDK and Preview 10158 I get an UnauthorizedAccessException.

(With a older Win and SDK it has worked.)

What Capabilities do I Need to specify?

Jens

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 11:07 AM

Answers

• I got it working via the undocumented restricted capabilities. Will the restricted capabilites become available via intelliSense in the app manifest xaml officially. Is this the recommended way to send emails without UI interaction? 

Thursday, July 2, 2015 9:15 AM
  • the emailstore wont be available for everyone. Your dev account need to get access. So I don't think its good way to do. see build presentation about the datastores

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:41 PM

All replies

• I got it working via the undocumented restricted capabilities. Will the restricted capabilites become available via intelliSense in the app manifest xaml officially. Is this the recommended way to send emails without UI interaction? 

Thursday, July 2, 2015 9:15 AM
  • Hi JensKuehner,

>>Will the restricted capabilites become available via intelliSense in the app manifest xaml officially.
    If you have any questions, issues and suggestions, please tell Microsoft using the Feedback app in Windows 10: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-pc .

>>Is this the recommended way to send emails without UI interaction? 
    I think it depends on what you want to do.

Besides, since your first question has been solved, I will recommend you open some new threads for your others question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by dns jinung Saturday, July 18, 2015 6:04 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:36 AM
    Owner
  • the emailstore wont be available for everyone. Your dev account need to get access. So I don't think its good way to do. see build presentation about the datastores

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:41 PM