BizTalk Receive Location Disabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I deployed my BizTalk application which contains a BizTalk Receive port. The receive location is of type FILE. I start the application but still the location is disabled. I am getting following error in Error Log:

The receive location "BTS_Test_FTS_1.0.0.0_BTS_Test_FTS.BizTalk_Orchestration1_Port_1_3dd50edc75f39d84_ReceiveLocation" with URL "C:\Users\sethi\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\BTS_Test_FTS\input\*.xml" is shutting down. Details:"The Messaging Engine failed while notifying an adapter of its configuration. ".

Please help me !!!

Himanshu Sethi

Monday, September 26, 2016 4:22 PM

Answers

• The most common cause of this specific error is the BizTalk Service Account not having Change permissions to the target Folder.

To resolve, give the BizTalk Service Account Full Control/Change permissions for C:\Users\sethi\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\BTS_Test_FTS\input,

Monday, September 26, 2016 5:00 PM
  • Hi Himanshu

It means that the Host Instance account(under which Receive Location is running) does not have access at the given path.

Give Full Control to the Host Instance account to the input folder. To check what account this is : Admin Console -> Platform Settings -> Host Instances -> For the Host Instance, check the "Logon" column.

Now, Right-click the input folder -> Properties -> Security -> Edit -> Add -> type the account name of the Host Instance service account -> Check Full Control -> Ok and exit the windows.

Thanks Arindam

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:32 AM
  • Hi Himanshu Sethi, please be aware that the FILE Adapter requires Full Control/Change.  Read is not sufficient.

The Adapter will attempt to Rename in certain circumstances and always Delete the file on completion.

The most common cause of this specific error is the BizTalk Service Account not having Change permissions to the target Folder.

To resolve, give the BizTalk Service Account Full Control/Change permissions for C:\Users\sethi\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\BTS_Test_FTS\input,

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:43 AM

All replies

• Verify if the location exists on that path..

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool

LinkedIn: LinkedIn

Monday, September 26, 2016 4:30 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Himanshu,

The reason for this error is that the path that is configured on the Receive location doesn't exist on the server. The resolution to the error is simple either map the receive location to some other physical folder or create the folder structure

"C:\Users\sethi\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\BTS_Test_FTS\input

Regards

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, September 26, 2016 4:51 PM
  • Hi, It indicates BizTalk doesn’t have the write Read and Execute permission on the specific endpoint.

Error1

The event viewer will have one more error entry along with the

:”The Messaging Engine failed while notifying an adapter of its configuration. “.
    The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location “***YourRL*****” with URL “*******************************************” to the adapter “FILE”. Reason: “File transport does not have read/write privileges for receive location “**************************************”. “.
    Error2
    Based on this error it becomes clear on what needs to be done for taking care of it. Identify the id of the host your receive location is ruining under and provide that id access on this file location.
    note:Once you have granted access rights on the receive endpoint you will be required to restart the respective host.

Monday, September 26, 2016 4:52 PM
  • The most common cause of this specific error is the BizTalk Service Account not having Change permissions to the target Folder.

Monday, September 26, 2016 5:00 PM
  • Hi,

If the file path exists, then please check whether the host account has permissions to that path or not?

Thanks

JB

Monday, September 26, 2016 7:46 PM
  • There is 1 more error that I didn't looked up.. that is:

File transport does not have read/write privileges for receive location "C:\Users\sethihi\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\BTS_Test_FTS\input\".

Himanshu Sethi

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:29 AM
  • Hi Himanshu

It means that the Host Instance account(under which Receive Location is running) does not have access at the given path.

Give Full Control to the Host Instance account to the input folder. To check what account this is : Admin Console -> Platform Settings -> Host Instances -> For the Host Instance, check the "Logon" column.

Now, Right-click the input folder -> Properties -> Security -> Edit -> Add -> type the account name of the Host Instance service account -> Check Full Control -> Ok and exit the windows.

Thanks Arindam

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:32 AM
  • I resolved by giving read write permission to that input folder in its security properties.

Thanks everyone for the help. :)

Himanshu Sethi

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:04 AM
  • Hi Himanshu Sethi, please be aware that the FILE Adapter requires Full Control/Change.  Read is not sufficient.

The Adapter will attempt to Rename in certain circumstances and always Delete the file on completion.

The most common cause of this specific error is the BizTalk Service Account not having Change permissions to the target Folder.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:43 AM