Where is the Window Closing event? RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to create an animation for the Window.Loaded event. No problem. I then wanted to create one for the Window.Closing event. It's not there. Am I missing something here? Surely that's an obvious event to want to animate against.
    Saturday, August 16, 2008 9:13 PM

All replies

• Dear Mark, Have you find the solution yet? If you have, please share it with me cause I am looking for the same thing. kindly email to dennissit2002@inbox.com thanks
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:29 AM
  • LoL, I'm looking for the same information! 

I'm wondering if we have to tie our movie play to the close button on a window?  I have a form with a save/cancel...  it would suck to have to tie in an event to each possible button that closes a window, instead of a generic window close event.

Please let me know if either of you came up with anything.
    Purkiss
    Friday, September 19, 2008 5:16 PM
  • Howdy,

Not sure where you are looking but there is one there..

Select the "Window" element in the Objects and Timeline category and then open the event viewer in the Properties Panel. You should see the "Closed" and "Closing" events there.

HTH

Cheers

Expression MVP

Learn Expression Blend at learnexpressionstudio.com

my blog : http://x-coders.com/blogs/sneaky/default.aspx

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:16 AM
  • Hi Brennon,

I think Marklitt is refering to the Event Trigger in the Trigger's interaction panel;  where he's assigned an event (begin.movie) to [Window].Loaded in Blend--no code required.  Since you are pointing us to the event handler in the properties panel, I'm assuming that you would have to call the storyboard in code on WindowClosing?

Btw, used your book Microsoft Expression Blend: Unleashed to feel my way around blend--it's quickly becoming my blend bible!

Purkiss
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:46 PM