Publish extension Visual Studio 2013 Preview to VisualStudioGallery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

in the latest release of our Visual Studio extension we added support for the upcoming version of Visual Studio and now we would like to publish the extension to the VisualStudioGallery. Unfortunately the upload form does not provide a "Visual Studio 2013" check box in the "supported versions" section.

But there are extensions available that state VS2013 as a supported version. I guess this is due to the .vsix metadata provided during the upload of the extension. We are uploading an .msi file lacking such metadata.

How should we proceed in order to get our extension published as soon as possible?

It would be great, if anyone could provide help regarding this issue.

Kind regards,

Tim

Friday, July 19, 2013 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Tim,

I checked with the VS team, and it looks like we initially had this enabled for Microsoft accounts only. According to the team, this should be fixed now. Please do try submitting again, and if that VS 2013 option doesn't appear, please let us know. Feel free to contact me directly via the microsoft email address I have listed on my profile page.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Monday, July 29, 2013 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Tim,

I guess you can submit this issue from:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:08 AM
  • Hey Ego,

thank you very much for your response. I think it's more a bug in the web form of publishing an extension to the gallery than a feature request for Visual Studio. I know others who can select Visual Studio 2013 editions when publishing an extension to the gallery.

Kind regards,

Tim

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:48 AM
  • Hi Tim,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, July 26, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Hi Tim,

I checked with the VS team, and it looks like we initially had this enabled for Microsoft accounts only. According to the team, this should be fixed now. Please do try submitting again, and if that VS 2013 option doesn't appear, please let us know. Feel free to contact me directly via the microsoft email address I have listed on my profile page.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Monday, July 29, 2013 6:38 PM