none
sources.cmn ignored?! RRS feed

• Question

• I am porting a CE6 BSP to Compact 7. Unfortunatly I get a lot of compiling errors with missing header files. I have some additional inlcude paths in my platforms sources.cmn file but it looks like this file is ignored completely.

Is it possible to verify this sources.cmn file? Maybe it is just a typing error and Compact 7 build system is more prone?

• Edited by -maki- Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:05 PM typing error
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 2:07 PM

Answers

• Do you have a dirs file in \WINCE700\platform, if so - then yes your sources.cmn will be ignored.

Are you missing a dirs file between the sources file being used and your sources.cmn - then yes your sources.cmn will be ignored.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Marked as answer by -maki- Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:02 AM
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:51 PM

All replies

• Is your sources.cmn file at the top of the dirs hierarchy?  Do you have dirs files all the way from the component that is failing back to directory containing the sources.cmn file?  Is it possible that you are overwriting the INCLUDES directive in sources.cmn by replacing it in the local sources file instead of appending to it?
    Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Thanks for your quick reply. The sources.cmn file is in my platform root directly: \WINCE700\platform\<BSP-Name>\sources.cmn

I have already adapted the existing sources.cmn as described in the BSP porting documentation.

The INCLUDES directive is not overwritten. I have also copied the souces.cmn from SMDK6410 and just added my additional INCLUDE directive. Even after restarting PB the header file will not be found.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:26 PM
  • Do you have a dirs file in \WINCE700\platform, if so - then yes your sources.cmn will be ignored.

Are you missing a dirs file between the sources file being used and your sources.cmn - then yes your sources.cmn will be ignored.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Marked as answer by -maki- Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:02 AM
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Thanks for your help. It looks like my mistake. I thought the sources.cmn has effect on all modules build for that platform and not only for that inside the BSP subtree. The module that throws the error was in in the common subtree.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:02 AM
  • The build system walks up the dirs tree and picks up the sources.cmn at the top.  So there could be many subtrees based on existence of dirs files, but the sources.cmn file must be at the top.
    Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:37 PM