Trouble to use SSMA latest version 7.4 64 bit to migrate Access DB to SQL Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need a help to find the way to migrate Access 2003 to the SQL Server 2016.

I have Access database mdb file that needs to be migrated to the SQL Server 2016.

The problem is I have to use the SSMA latest version which is 7.4 which support to SQL Server 2016.

However, it only have the 64 bit of SSMA. And I have to uninstall 32 bit of Office and install the 64 bit of Access 2016.  That will conflict all of my SSIS project which have use 32 bit of office since Network server installed 32 bit of office.

Thanks for any idea to resolve the issue.

Monday, July 3, 2017 7:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Daphne1212,

In your scenario, you can use SQL Server Import and Export Wizard to replace SSMA, the import and export tool (32-bit) in SQL Server 2016 can work with 32-bit Access.

Please open SQL Server Import and Export Wizard (32-bit) from start menu, then select the data source, for Access 2003, please select Microsoft Access (Microsoft Jet Database Engine). For more information, please refer to this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/import-export-data/connect-to-an-access-data-source-sql-server-import-and-export-wizard

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Daphne1212 Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:24 PM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:56 AM