Azure AD SSO for non-azure Linux VMs? RRS feed

All replies

• I currently have a VPS hosting for two servers with Ubuntu outside Azure network and a free azure AD plan. I see this option here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/linux/login-using-aad

but it is only for azure VMs, so can I use azure ad for hosts outside of azure?

I'm sorry to inform you this feature is currently not available to use outside of Azure.

However, there is a feedback item that pleads to release its source code. If you upvote it, it might make it to the backlog for the team. Please note that no-one from Microsoft has officially responded to the feedback item, yet.

Alternatively, you could look at the aad-login proof of concept code that was posted on GitHub by bueado. As mentioned in its readme.md, please note that the aad-login project and the package used by the official Microsoft feature are not related in any way (well, they both use PAM).

Sunday, May 5, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Let us know if this answers your question and please remember to "mark as answer" so that others in the community facing the same problem can more easily find the answer.
    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:03 AM
    Owner
  • Please let us know if the above answers were helpful and remember to mark as answer.

If none of the answers helped you, let us know, and we'll try to provide assistance. Thanks!

Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:34 AM
  • I'm following up on this, please remember to mark one of the responses as answer if your question has been answered. If not please let us know if there are anymore questions.

Thanks!

Friday, June 21, 2019 5:54 PM