Exporting columns to csv does not give original font colur of column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to export a report to csv .The original report has a column that has red font but when exported as csv it is exported in black font.Is there a way i could retain the red in csv too.

Thanks,

• Edited by sk12346 Monday, May 21, 2012 11:21 PM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 11:21 PM

Answers

• Exported CSV file will not have color or formatting information.  Use Excel export if you want to keep formatting information. 
    • Proposed as answer by S.Nanda Monday, May 21, 2012 11:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lola Wang Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:21 AM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 11:38 PM
  • Hi there

As far as I know the CSV files do not contain any formatting information and CSV file format doesn't have any way to represent such attributes (colour etc). Even if you try to save your excel worksheet to CSV file you lose all your attribute information like colour background colour.

So my understanding is it will not be possible to retain the colour while exporting to CSV. You can export to excel if you would like to retain the colours

If you have any questions pelase let me know

Many Thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Syed Qazafi Anjum Monday, May 21, 2012 11:57 PM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 11:48 PM

All replies

• Exported CSV file will not have color or formatting information.  Use Excel export if you want to keep formatting information. 
    • Proposed as answer by S.Nanda Monday, May 21, 2012 11:55 PM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 11:38 PM
  • Hi there

As far as I know the CSV files do not contain any formatting information and CSV file format doesn't have any way to represent such attributes (colour etc). Even if you try to save your excel worksheet to CSV file you lose all your attribute information like colour background colour.

So my understanding is it will not be possible to retain the colour while exporting to CSV. You can export to excel if you would like to retain the colours

If you have any questions pelase let me know

Many Thanks

Syed Qazafi Anjum

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Syed Qazafi Anjum Monday, May 21, 2012 11:57 PM
    Monday, May 21, 2012 11:48 PM