If Mouse.Hover is not working, what alternative do i have? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to do mouse hover over a control. I have got the exact path of the control, i can even locate it if i try with Visual Studio but mouse hover is not working.

What should i do?

Friday, May 30, 2014 7:21 AM

Answers

• Payal,

Are you trying to create action recording using MTM or creating test through visual studio?

If you are using visual studio, you can use code:

Mouse.Hover(uiItem);
    For correctly recording the mouse hover actions, you can make changes to CodedUITestBuilder.exe.config file as described in the article: How to: Record Mouse Hovers in Coded UI Tests.

TejasJ.

Friday, May 30, 2014 8:52 AM
  • Thanks Tejas, mouse hover is working fine.

Actually my class name was getting changed of the control once the chat window was available, that is why the mouse hover wasnot working!

Monday, June 9, 2014 12:57 PM

All replies

• Payal,

Are you trying to create action recording using MTM or creating test through visual studio?

If you are using visual studio, you can use code:

Mouse.Hover(uiItem);
    For correctly recording the mouse hover actions, you can make changes to CodedUITestBuilder.exe.config file as described in the article: How to: Record Mouse Hovers in Coded UI Tests.

TejasJ.

Friday, May 30, 2014 8:52 AM
  • Thanks Tejas, mouse hover is working fine.

Actually my class name was getting changed of the control once the chat window was available, that is why the mouse hover wasnot working!

Monday, June 9, 2014 12:57 PM