Is that right? (On developing v4 printer driver's Javascript constrain file)

Question

• On the following URI's remark, "To obtain an IXMLDOMDocument2 object for the PrintCapabilities object, you must first dereference the ppXmlNode parameter of the XmlNode property (using *ppXmlNode ). ".

http://msdn.microsoft.com/ja-jp/library/windows/hardware/hh451256(v=vs.85).aspx

Now I'm developing v4 printer driver's  JavaScript constrains.

On JavaScript , I think it is impossible to handle "*ppXmlNode (pointer)" and "QueryInterface".

So I coded the below.

---

function completePrintCapabilities(printTicket, scriptContext, printCapabilities) {

var currNode1 = printCapabilities.XmlNode;

if (currNode1) {
            currNode1.save("C:\\Work\\a.xml");

}

}

---

When I run the program,  I can make the "a.xml" file with the print capabilities.

On JavaScript, the coding is correct or not?

If the coding is not correct, please teach me how to code.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 7:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi tsuji1978,

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Can you please provide more information about what you are trying to do and what specific problems you are having doing so.

--Rob

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 11:28 PM
  • On http://msdn.microsoft.com/ja-jp/library/windows/hardware/hh451256(v=vs.85).aspx , "To obtain an IXMLDOMDocument2 object for the PrintCapabilities object, you must first dereference the ppXmlNode parameter of the XmlNode property (using *ppXmlNode ). ". Do I need to do this when I handle the Print Capabilities on JavaScript constrains? If it needs, how to do this?
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:39 AM
  • No, you wouldn't use that from JavaScript. I still don't understand what you are trying to do, so I cannot provide any information on how to achieve that. If you need more help please be more clear in what exactly you are trying to do.

--Rob

Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:53 AM