none
WPF - KinectRegion.SetBoundingRectForPressableModel RRS feed

• Question

• I'm continually getting the following error at different points of the application, but always when navigating.  I'm using the 

this.NavigationService.Navigate()

to navigate to different Pages i have created.  

Error: The specified Visual and this Visual do not share a common ancestor, so there is no valid transformation between the two Visuals.  at System.Windows.Media.Visual.TransformToVisual(Visual visual).
    at Microsoft.Kinect.WPF.Controls.KinectRegion.SetBoundingRectForPressableModel(PressableModel pressableModel)
    at Microsoft.Kinect.WPF.Controls.KinectRegion.HandlePointerAsCursor(KienctPointerPoint kinectPointerPoint)
    at Microsoft.Kinect.WPF.Controls.KinectRegion.KinectCoreWindow_PointerMoved(Object sender, KinectPointerEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    at System.Window.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

If you need the rest I can provide it.  Is there a common issue that would cause this to happen with the kinect sensor?  I

have the Kinect sensor region being set in the Window of the application so i dont need to set it on every page. 

public MainWindow()
            {
                InitializeComponent();

KinectRegion.SetKinectRegion(thiskinectRegion);

// Use the default sensor
                this.kinectRegion.KinectSensor = KinectSensor.GetDefault();
            }

Am I missing some cleanup somewhere or something else?

Friday, August 15, 2014 10:02 PM

Answers

• This is a crash that existed in our public preview release.

It has since been fixed. Please verify with the next build you get.

Thanks, Rob Relyea

http://twitter.com/rrelyea

Rob Relyea [MSFT]

Monday, August 18, 2014 10:43 PM

All replies

• are you unloading the previous window? Is the code you provided on each window? What are you doing when navigating away?

When leaving a page Stop processing events on the page before you navigate away. If you are using the events, you can unsubscribe from the events to ensure the pointer is inside a valid region.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, August 18, 2014 6:29 PM
  • This is a crash that existed in our public preview release.

It has since been fixed. Please verify with the next build you get.

Thanks, Rob Relyea

http://twitter.com/rrelyea

Rob Relyea [MSFT]

Monday, August 18, 2014 10:43 PM
  • Do I need to re-download the Windows Kinect v2 SDK?  Or download this fix somewhere else?
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:14 PM