Cannot access virtual machine in West EU region RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Andrew

Apologies for the inconvenience. Some services are still affected due to the Outage. A fix has been rolled out and Customers should start seeing availability improvement across all regions. Some affected customers may still see intermittent impact.  I would advice you to wait for sometime. Please refer to the recent Azure Dashboard to check on the status.

Warm Regards;

Prasant

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew

Apologies for the inconvenience. Some services are still affected due to the Outage. A fix has been rolled out and Customers should start seeing availability improvement across all regions. Some affected customers may still see intermittent impact.  I would advice you to wait for sometime. Please refer to the recent Azure Dashboard to check on the status.

Warm Regards;

Prasant

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:31 AM
  • Same here in North EU. Azure Dashboard say everythink is ok here but can't reach any VM.
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:36 AM
  • Hi

I have been trying to access my Azure VM since very early morning (UK time) when my customer reported the problem.  Everything is reported as working.  Through the Azure portal, I can start and stop and reconfigure whatever I want and it all appears to work.  All the information about the outage says "continue to experience intermittent problems". But I have been unable to access the server or any of the websites on it at all since very early morning.  Thats not intermittent.

I like Azure but I am dissappointed by the lack of specific accurate information on if/how this outage is affecting my servers.

For the moment, I have to assume that my connectivity issues are due to the outage but I cant be certain.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:42 AM
  • For issues following the incident earlier this week, if a VM is still unresponsive, we would recommend first trying to restart the VM and then resizing it if restarting did not restore connectivity. If the VM is still unresponsive, we recommend that you follow the detailed steps on how to recover these VMs listed here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mast/archive/2014/11/20/recovering-azure-vm-by-attaching-os-disk-to-another-azure-vm.aspx

If this doesn’t work, we would recommend emailing AzCommSM@Microsoft.com with your Subscription ID & VM Names (that have the issue) for more support. 

Friday, November 21, 2014 4:12 AM
  • Hi Andrew;

Azure core platform components are working properly. All services are working properly. Hope all your issues are rectified by now. Please revert back for any other queries.

The RCA can be found on this link. Apologies for the inconvenience once again.

Warm Regards;

Prasant

Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:34 AM