none
How can I clean up RAM through C# code? RRS feed

• Question

• I have seen system optimizing softwares having an option to clean up RAM. I am making a software manage the performance of RAM. How can I implement this clean up RAM through the C# code? Please advice.

mayooran99

• Moved by CoolDadTx Friday, August 15, 2014 1:51 AM Kernel related
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 2:33 PM

Answers

• these companies that claim that they speed up your system by freeing memory and other shady claims are entirely fake. The os does a great job of managing memory

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 15, 2014 2:33 AM

All replies

• You can't.  Cleaning RAM would require system level software which managed code cannot do.  At a minimum you'd have to write software that interacts with the VMM and that means kernel code.  Kernel code has to be written in C/C++.

Michael Taylor
    http://blogs.msmvps.com/p3net

Thursday, August 14, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Can you provide any example from C/C++ to do this?

mayooran99

Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:00 PM
  • I'm afraid not.  That type of question is going to have to be posted in forums dedicated to kernel code.
    Friday, August 15, 2014 1:50 AM
  • these companies that claim that they speed up your system by freeing memory and other shady claims are entirely fake. The os does a great job of managing memory

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 15, 2014 2:33 AM