duplicates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have a form  and within it a subform

the form is called assembly part number  and the subform called parts list

in both of these forms i have a combo box 

these combo boxes look at at table called allparts, this table has a list of all the parts i might require to create a BOM

In that table the part number cannot be duplicated so it is set to no duplicates

the problem i have 

1. when i select the part in the assembly part number form  from the allparts table all is ok 

if i try to change that number it will not let me as it says no duplicates allowed ( of which ) i dont want any duplicates 

the problem is if i try to change that number to a different number that has not been used in the table assembly part number  it still says no duplicates allowed ( but it was not a duplicate number i selected 

example 

select assmebly part number 1111,  and link 4 parts to it in the parts list form 

if i then want to change the number 1111  to  2222 it will not let me yet i dont have assemble 2222 in the assembly part number table 

i am total confused of why it should do that 

any help appreciated 

steve

Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hello Steve,

A bit difficult to assist without an example copy of the workbook. Can you upload a copy of the workbook to OmneDrive.

Guidelines to upload a workbook on OneDrive:

1. Zip your workbooks. Do not just save to OneDrive because the workbooks open with On-Line Excel and the limited functionality with the On-Line version causes problems.
    2. To Zip a file: In Windows Explorer Right click on the selected file and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.)
    3. Do not use 3rd party compression applications because I cannot unzip them. I do not clog up my computer with 3rd party apps when there are perfectly good apps supplied with windows.
    4. Go to this link.  https://onedrive.live.com
    5. Use the same login Id and Password that you use for this forum.
    6. Select Upload in the blue bar across the top and browse to the zipped folder to be uploaded.
    7. Select Open (or just double click). (Be patient and give it time to display the file after initially seeing the popup indicating it is done.)
    8. Right click the file on OneDrive and select Share.
    9. Do NOT fill in the form; Select "Get a Link" on the left side.
    10. Click the button "Create a Link"
    11. Click in the box where the link is created and it will highlight.
    12. Copy the link and paste into your reply on this forum.

Regards, OssieMac

Sunday, June 14, 2015 9:35 AM