Create Data Driven Subscription via C# code? SSRS 2005 EE (or Batch Reports?) RRS feed

• Question

• User1316350542 posted
    Hello,

Does anyone know if you can create a Data Driven Subscription via code (C#)?  The web based Report Manager does it via the Subscriptions.aspx (I assume).  Seems like they are using the Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.Pages.Subscriptions namespace.

I can't find any info on anybody doing it.  So, here's my need, please tell me if I am on the right track.

In my ASP.NET 2.0 C# app, we use the SSRS Web Service (reportservice2005) to generate PDF reports in a new window.  If the User requests a large amount of pages (say 1000), the request is timing out, as well as tying up the web server.

So, the thought was, why not submit these reports to a "Batch".  It seems that Data Driven Subscriptions could do it but what I'd want is to create the Subscription on the fly and clean them up after they run (or weekly).

Should I go this approach, OR should I write a Windows Service (or Console App) that just uses the same SSRS Web Service (reportservice2005) to create my reports in batch mode?

Any thoughts are helpful.
    Tuesday, November 6, 2007 4:42 AM

All replies