If not AC Adapter problem for Toshiba Satellite, then what? RRS feed

• Question

•  

HI,

I bought a Toshia Satellite A-75-S226 on ebay.I bought a new battery because the old one wouldnt hold a charge for over an hour on LONG USE setting. Well the new one had the same problem. It would die afer a short use. So they said to send it back. I am put the old battery in the laptop and was having the cord plugged in to the outlet while using the laptop since the battery dont last long. I also did this before with the old battery cause of the charge problem. It worked fine. Well I put the old battery back in and I was using the Laptop for awhile and glanced over and saw that the battery was being used and not the cable connected to the outlet.

I would move the cord and the indicator would flash white, for outlet, and then go to indicate red, which means the battery is being used.

I bought a new AC ADAPTER hoping it would fix the problem but it didn't. It plugs in firmer though.

If it is charging sometimes the red charging light will go off and I will need to jiggle the connectin a little for it to go back on. Sometimes I need to jiggle it to start the charger as well.

ANY IDEAS about this that can help me?

THanks,
    Brian

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:26 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Brian:

This forum is for the discussion of programming issues related to Windows Vista.

Sounds like maybe the jack for the AC cord needs to be re-soldered. You should contact Toshiba for assistance with these hardware issues.

Best regards,

- Mark Hopkins (MSFT)

Monday, August 6, 2007 6:31 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Brian:

This forum is for the discussion of programming issues related to Windows Vista.

Sounds like maybe the jack for the AC cord needs to be re-soldered. You should contact Toshiba for assistance with these hardware issues.

Best regards,

- Mark Hopkins (MSFT)

Monday, August 6, 2007 6:31 PM
  • Sorry to inform you that it is neither the cord nor the battery. You have purchased the one series of laptops from Toshiba that has a defective motherboard. Your computer will NEVER work properly without problems. There was a class action lawsuit filed against Toshiba for this reason and the settlement was a piss poor $50 credit towards repairs if you paid money to have it repaired or and exteded warranty which expires in November 2007. I have had my motherboard replaced 4 times now in the 2 and a half years I have owned the computer. As I type, I am using a friend's computer because my motherboard is going again. The repair shop has long since warned me that I will continue to have this problem but that I can keep bringing it to them until Nov. 6th 2007. Your computer may be eligible for this. Just call the Toshiba number and check the status of your warranty by giving them your serial number. Make sure you speak with an operator as opposed to using the automated system. Warning, this will only be a TEMPORARY solution. The motherboard will start acting up again in a few months. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Sorry you got deceived by someone who knowingly sold you an expensive paper weight.   Lia

Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:08 AM
  •  

Hi um my ac adapter or recharger doesn't charge my laptop anymore and now everything on my laptop has nothing on it except it keep asking me for some prodict key so i wrote my product key down then theres more now idk wat to do it say u need to use some kind of phone thing and idk wat to do.Can I somehow restore everything on my laptop and fix it
    Saturday, October 27, 2007 2:14 AM