Trying to find SSMA 64-bit version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am not able to find 64 bit version of this app, as you'll see it's failing obviously:

Can you share the link with me?

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Enric Vives,

When you install SSMA for Access, it installs both 32bit and 64bit versions for you. This message indicates that the DAO(Comes with OFFICE or Access Runtime) version doesn’t match your SSMA version. I would suggest you open start menu to find SSMA program folder then launch the other version of SSMA see if it helps.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:27 AM
  • Exactly the CLSID "CD7791B9-43FD-..:" Points to DAO.DBEngine.120 ; check in registry if it exists on the machine.

Otherwise install 64 bit ACE: Microsoft Access 2013 Runtime

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:34 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Lin, but it does happen the same using the second link in my start menu...

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:35 AM
  • Hello Olaf, thanks.

yep, I have got it:

On the other hand, I already have installed Access 2016 runtime 64-bit because I am using Office 365 proplus license so that as per my understanding it would not need to download 2013 ?

how odd!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:52 AM
  • Hi Enric Vives,

Based on my past experience, SSMA for Access(6.0 and later) works if you have Office 2016(or Access Runtime 2010 and later) installed. So if the issue is not with SSMA version(32 or 64bit) you may need to repair your Office installation(or Access runtime). 

Regards,
    Lin
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Hi Enric Vives,,

I’m writing to follow up with you on this post. Was the issue resolved? If you issue has resolved, could you share the steps of how you resolve the issue so others could benefit from it. If not, could you please provide more information so we can have a better understanding about the issue?

Regards,
    Lin
    Monday, August 29, 2016 9:52 AM