none
SSRS Server Reports Display Fine Locally, Doesn't Display on Production Server RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

      I'm just gonna state up front that my company's development environment is a mess :(.  I'm developing in VS 2010, but our production environment was set up way back in the day and is pretty far behind.  I've created a few SSRS reports, and would like for them to be viewed in my asp.net project.  The only way I know to do this is through a ReportViewer (I'm not married to the reportViewer, if anybody knows any other ways to get SSRS reports to display, feel free to suggest it).  

      Originally, I tried to drag in the ReportViewer control that is with VS 2010, but this altered the web.config file with the ReportViewer 2010 configuration settings, and when I moved it into production the entire website went down :(.  As a work around, I fired up VS 2008, created my ReportViewer reference in it, and then copied/pasted the code into my 2010 project.  This actually worked well on my local machine -- the report displays and everything looks great.  However, when I moved the code into our production environment, the toolbar section of the ReportViewer displays along with the parameters, but the report itself does not display and some of the button images on the toolbar are "crossed out".  The parameters are the correct parameters for the report, so it is getting to the report and pulling it in, it's just not displaying it for some reason.  I'm hoping somebody has run across this and knows a solution, below is all of the code and some screenshots that I think are relevant:

    From the aspx page:

    <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="academicIntervention_Default" %>
    
    <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="asp" %>
    <%@ Register assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" namespace="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms" tagprefix="rsweb" %>
    
    
    <rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana" 
        Font-Size="8pt" Height="560px" ProcessingMode="Remote" Width="929px">
        <ServerReport ReportPath="/Academic Intervention/StudentAssignment" 
            ReportServerUrl="http://e275rd6/Reportserver" />
    </rsweb:ReportViewer>
    

    All ReportViewer References in the web.config file:

    <assemblies>
      <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
      <add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
       ...
       ...
       ...
    <buildProviders>
      <add extension=".rdlc" type="Microsoft.Reporting.RdlBuildProvider, Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    </buildProviders>
       ...
       ...
       ...
    <httpHandlers>
      <add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false"/>
      <add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type = "Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
      <add path="ChartAxd.axd" verb="*" type="Dundas.Charting.WebControl.ChartHttpHandler" validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>
    

    A screenshot of what the report looks like when ran locally versus what it looks like on the production server:

    Friday, March 1, 2013 9:39 PM