REG: Admin to Run control the app running within Local

Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement.

Suppose I have a simple app. Running within LAN. There are 10 users running the same app on different machine.

And If an ADMIN says join the domain or conference. So the users who have joined the conference their app should be run by Admin only. If Admin Moves to Home Page then all users running app they should automatically moved to Home Page.

That means If 5 users joined they are locked out and whatever the admin is doing in the app that should reflect in the other users app.

The app is same.

Is there any technology or should I just use  Duplex Web Service and wait for the response.

Monday, May 12, 2014 7:01 AM

All replies

• I would think desktop/program sharing over Lync is a better way to do what you want!

Technically you can use any service (may be Azure Mobile Service) which maintains full Navigation Stack with all arguments per group conference. In your App you will need a foreground task (or if you use AMS then you can use Push Notification) to follow the complete Navigation Stack. Performance will depend on your code and network connectivity.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:15 AM
  • I prefer duplex service or u can call it push notification basically which will notify all the connected members such that the app navigates based on the response.

Any other I find SignalR pretty complicated.

Monday, May 12, 2014 10:21 AM
  • Hi All,

Is there PlayReady framework is useful for my requirement???

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:48 AM
  • look at signal r. i dont think playready will help you.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:55 AM
  • Agreed, I am using Signal-R for one of my real projects and it helps.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:22 PM