Azure App Service installation failed on ASDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im trying to install the App Service resource provider but keeps failing on step "Register AppService Admin Resource Provider".

From the logfile i can see that the installation first fails with error "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized." and when i make a retry from the installer i get "The remote server returned an error: (409) Conflict."

Full error from log:

[9288:39CC][2017-10-19T09:31:58]: [Websites]: The remote server returned an error: (409) Conflict.
    {"error":{"code":"ResourceProviderProvisioningInProgress","message":"Resource provider 'Microsoft.Web.Admin' is currently being provisioned. No updates are allowed until the completion of the provisioning process. If the provisioning process has prematurely terminated, it will be retried."}}

I have tried to reinstall the ASDK, but keeps failing at this step.
    Running ASDK version: 1.0.170928.3
    Running App Service version: 62.2.13698.9

Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:39 AM

Answers

• As discussed over email you were able to resolve this issue.

The root cert you have been using was incorrect. Pasting the email that I sent you to validate this.

Looks like ARM is unable to talk to App Service management server.

Can you please double check the root cert you used to deploy App Service ?

If you think the cert you provided is correct, can you please try to get me outcome of $stampInfo.RootCACertificates below (how many certs are you getting back ?). This lines are copied from Get-AzureStackRootCert.ps1 from App Service on Azure Stack deployment helper scripts

$stampInfo = Get-AzureStackStampInfo -PrivilegedEndpoint $PrivilegedEndpoint  -CloudAdminCredential $CloudAdminCredential

$stampInfo.RootCACertificates[0

• Proposed as answer by Alok.Pagariya Friday, November 10, 2017 7:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fredrik- Monday, November 27, 2017 9:45 AM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 7:25 PM

All replies

• Hi - Are you doing clean deployment of App Service or is it re-deployment on same Azure Stack environment ?

Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:40 PM
  • Hi,

The deployment of AppService has been done 2 times on the same hardware with a redeploy of the whole Azure Stack enviroment in between.

Friday, October 20, 2017 6:49 AM
  • Hi Fredrik,

Apologies for the delay. Can you please share App service deployment log files (should be in same folder where AppService.exe is)

My email id : alok.pagariya@microsoft.com

Monday, October 30, 2017 9:17 PM
  • Hi Alok,

I will send you an email during the day!

Thank you!

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

I'm facing the same problem with exactly same error. 

[7214:96DC][2017-11-10T16:22:51]: [Websites]: The remote server returned an error: (409) Conflict.
    {"error":{"code":"ResourceProviderProvisioningInProgress","message":"Resource provider 'Microsoft.Web.Admin' is currently being provisioned. No updates are allowed until the completion of the provisioning process. If the provisioning process has prematurely terminated, it will be retried."}}

Any news on how to fix this?

I notice that Resource provider Microsoft.Web.Admin is missing from Azure Stack.

Friday, November 10, 2017 2:27 PM
  • Hello,

Can you please email the App service deployment log files (located in same folder where AppService.exe is)  

ASCustFeedback@microsoft.com

Make sure to use a Work, Organizational or Student address when contacting ascustfeedback@microsoft.com and include the thread URL in the subject. 

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Friday, November 10, 2017 7:20 PM
  • As discussed over email you were able to resolve this issue.

The root cert you have been using was incorrect. Pasting the email that I sent you to validate this.

Looks like ARM is unable to talk to App Service management server.

Can you please double check the root cert you used to deploy App Service ?

If you think the cert you provided is correct, can you please try to get me outcome of $stampInfo.RootCACertificates below (how many certs are you getting back ?). This lines are copied from Get-AzureStackRootCert.ps1 from App Service on Azure Stack deployment helper scripts

$stampInfo = Get-AzureStackStampInfo -PrivilegedEndpoint $PrivilegedEndpoint  -CloudAdminCredential $CloudAdminCredential

$stampInfo.RootCACertificates[0

• Proposed as answer by Alok.Pagariya Friday, November 10, 2017 7:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fredrik- Monday, November 27, 2017 9:45 AM
    Friday, November 10, 2017 7:25 PM
  • Hi,

I got this working. I removed all including that root cert and re installed it all the way from beginning and got it through. App service is now working. 

I have now new problem :) When adding app service plan as add on plan to existing offer it doesn't bring app service visible to subscription. 

When I create new offer and then subscription from that it brings app service visible. 

Is there some limit for add on plans in offer?

-Mari

Monday, November 13, 2017 6:29 AM
  • Glad to hear your earlier issue is fixed.

For this one -

1. Check if all the roles are are in ready state. Workers will take more time to stabilize.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-app-service-deploy#validate-the-app-service-on-azure-stack-installation

1. Browse to tenant portal and confirm if Microsoft.Web namespace is registered ( tenant portal -> subscription -> Resource providers). If not register this manually. We have an open bug for this (when App service is added as add-on plan)

Let me know how it goes. Thanks !

Monday, November 13, 2017 6:41 AM