Uploading my app to the store

Question

• I have just finished my Clinic system project and the final size of the project is 220 MB. I generated the .appxupload file and its size is only 4.93 MB (too small in my opinion) is that normal? it also passed the Windows Certification Kit test.

:)

Thursday, January 2, 2014 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi mee3uk,

There is a easy way to test it, try uninstall the app that deployed by VS, and install the package you created to see if the app installation is succeed and your app works fine.

Hardly to say why 200M reduce to 5MB, if your app contains lots of image or other media stuff, you should check if you have correctly set the item build action. There could be another possibility that your project contains too much Debug information. More information read: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh464929.aspx

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 3:20 AM

All replies

• depends; you will have to look in the project folder what making it that big? are there a lost of test packages in the apppackage folder ?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:36 PM
  • No, here is what I have in the AppPackages  folder:

What did go wrong? I followed all the steps to generate the .appxupload file

I'm using Window 8.1 OS not Windows 8.1 Pro, could that be the problem?

:)

• Edited by mee3uk Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:20 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:58 PM
  • Hi mee3uk,

There is a easy way to test it, try uninstall the app that deployed by VS, and install the package you created to see if the app installation is succeed and your app works fine.

Hardly to say why 200M reduce to 5MB, if your app contains lots of image or other media stuff, you should check if you have correctly set the item build action. There could be another possibility that your project contains too much Debug information. More information read: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh464929.aspx

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 3:20 AM