Access 2002 on Windows Virtual PC problems RRS feed

• General discussion

• Howdy,

Myself and another developer have been running A2002 in an Windows Virtual PC (Host: Win7, guest: XP SP3). We've had mixed success and would love to hear tips from people who have been doing this successfully.

I came back from a few days vacation was handed two problems that I'd like to share:

1. In the VPC, Access was not debugging, i.e. not stopping on breakpoints and not breaking on errors.
    2. When a front-end of a split DB is open in the VPC, the other machines on the network can not access the back-end of the same DB.

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks,

Joe

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hi, Joe

1) When  you mention Access not debugging, do you mean debug in VBA IDE?

2) Normal Access database will be locked for one user, prevent other people from editing. You can create web database, and multiple user can edit data at same time.

with regards,

Dylan

Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:26 AM
  • Hi, Joe

1) When  you mention Access not debugging, do you mean debug in VBA IDE?

Yes.  If I set a breakpoint in the VBA code and then run it, it doesn't stop.

2) Normal Access database will be locked for one user, prevent other people from editing. You can create web database, and multiple user can edit data at same time.

To clarify, I have a split DB with the BE on a shared drive. If I open the FE from within the VPC, my co-worker Bob can not open a different copy of the FE from another machine.

/Joe

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:15 AM