how do i assign GUID to a custom project RRS feed

• Question

• Struggling with this so any help is useful-

I am adding my own custom projects to the Add New Project dialog. I am not creating a new wizard from scratch, just copying the existing ones. Its working fine but I want my own icons to appear. I don't want to put the filename in the VSDIR, just the guid.

How do I create the resource DLL, assign it a GUID and register this with Visual Studio.

Thanks
    Jason

Thursday, May 5, 2005 1:03 PM

Answers

• The easiest way to get icons in the dialog is save the icon in the same directory of the project template with the same name that the vsdir file.

You can see how to create a resource DLL creating a package project with the wizard.

Look the  <Program Files\VSIP 8.0\EnvSDK\CS_Samples\Project sample in order to see how to assign a GUID to your project.

Look the registry attributes

[ProvideProjectFactory(typeof(MyProjectFactory), 200, 201, "myproj", "myproj", "..\\..\\Templates", Name = "MyProject")]
      [Guid("e815d8ad-49bf-427d-99c8-009db3e56ab9")]
      class Project
       {

Hope this help
    Thursday, May 5, 2005 2:24 PM

All replies

• The easiest way to get icons in the dialog is save the icon in the same directory of the project template with the same name that the vsdir file.

You can see how to create a resource DLL creating a package project with the wizard.

Look the  <Program Files\VSIP 8.0\EnvSDK\CS_Samples\Project sample in order to see how to assign a GUID to your project.

Look the registry attributes

[ProvideProjectFactory(typeof(MyProjectFactory), 200, 201, "myproj", "myproj", "..\\..\\Templates", Name = "MyProject")]
      [Guid("e815d8ad-49bf-427d-99c8-009db3e56ab9")]
      class Project
       {

Hope this help
    Thursday, May 5, 2005 2:24 PM
  • I have VSIP 7.1 and I can't find the Project sample. Is it available for Visual Studio 2003 (and any ideas why I can't find it)?
    Friday, May 6, 2005 9:45 AM
  • It is only for 2005.
    Check the .rgs in the BscPrj sample in 2003. It is unmanaged.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2005 1:29 AM