Feel like I hit the lottery with all this talent - Bootstrapping startup in need of an app dev RRS feed

• Question

• User1845 posted

I cannot tell you all how grateful I am to have found such an array of great developers! I've been searching high and low and have gotten burned really really bad so I super happy to have found Xamarin! I had to give up on the Odesk,Freelancer, Guru type sites it really hurt my families budget. Ugh! I was told by Xamarin that it was ok to post a request/job for an app my wife and I's start-up, Auntruby.net We are a small, self funded, bootstrapping start-up that needs an app that involves the camera. Its simple for an experienced developer I am sure. Xamarin support emailed me info I can pass along to the dev about what is needed. Basically the app involves a camera preview to stay live so the user can click 4 buttons that are mapped to very simple functions in the overlay. It can be a side bar, bottom bar or if you can incorporate the buttons within the camera app that works too. Just as long as we can get 4 buttons on the preview it will be just fine. Once the buttons are pushed the user takes a picture and its saved to the phone. This should be an easy app for someone to make a few bucks. I was quoted about 5 to 7 hours since we have all the graphic work done. If anyone is interested please let me know. Unfortunately I can only accept US based applicants and a confidentiality agreement is necessary. If all goes well we have a few more apps we would like developed. According to Xamarin support its product can accomplish what we need easily. Again we are a start-up looking for a long time developer so if you want to come aboard please let me know. Thank you so much for your time and Have a wonderful day!

Friday, February 1, 2013 3:12 AM

All replies

• User59 posted

@JeffE: curious: why US only?

Friday, February 1, 2013 11:04 AM
  • User1845 posted

Hey nicwise! Well I need a confidentiality agreement and sometime it doesnt hold up across borders. I am open to working with someone outside the US with great references and a portfolio. I am finding that I am on a deadline and need to get the app out there so I am negotiable. Let me know if you are interested its an easy, great payoff project. Plus if it works out I would have more apps needing to be built for my startup. Drop me line and lets talk. Hope to hear from you soon.

Friday, February 1, 2013 2:18 PM
  • User59 posted

Thanks @JeffE - I'm not in a position to do it (I'm full up at the moment), I was just curious why.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:24 PM