InfoPath metrics from Sharepoint library? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All you lovely SharePoint people,

I have a SP 2007 library collecting InfoPath forms from a template. The majority of the form is checkboxes. I would like to know if I can run any metrics on this, if I can collect the stats in any way WITHOUT displaying the checkbox result in a column on the library screen!?

I hope this makes sense, 

thanks for your time!

Ben

Ben Taliadoros Software Engineer
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 10:24 AM

Answers

• Yes, you can make another view on your form library with the columns that you want to gather metrics on.  To hide this view, when you're on the page that has the new view click Site Actions > Edit Page.  Then to the top right of the view click the down arrow to "Modify Shared Web Part".  In the Properties of the webpart (I think under the Advanced section) you'll see Audience Targeting.  Put a group in there that only the site admins are a part of.  View name will still show in the dropdown to others but if they click on it they will see a blank page.  I typically add another webpart to the page with the default view so they just end up seeing the default view instead of a blank page (less complaints that way).

Then when you make your KPI list and start adding KPIs you will select the form library, and then the new view.

Friday, July 8, 2011 1:16 PM

All replies

• What version of SharePoint are you using?  You can create a KPI list that you can use to gather the averages, totals, etc. if you are using MOSS (not sure if KPI is available in MOSS standard, or if it's only in Enterprise).  You will need to make a view that contains this information however - and use that view in your KPI list.  You can put audience targeting on that view's webpart so that only you can see the actual view.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:46 PM
  • Thanks,

By KPI do you mean performance indicators? and im using 2007, im sorry i thought i stated that.

and i cant use many web parts due to my organisations BPOS! 

Any way of doing this without making a view?

Thanks,

Ben

Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:02 PM
  • The columns have to be available in a view unfortunately.  And yes, the KPI list is Key Performance Indicators.  Yes, you did state SP 2007 - don't know how I missed that when I even re-read it to look for the version, sorry about that.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:06 PM
  • I genuinely missed it too :) thanks so much for your help though, so i can make a view from the results? maybe i can make the view without permissions and in there display the columns?
    Friday, July 8, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Yes, you can make another view on your form library with the columns that you want to gather metrics on.  To hide this view, when you're on the page that has the new view click Site Actions > Edit Page.  Then to the top right of the view click the down arrow to "Modify Shared Web Part".  In the Properties of the webpart (I think under the Advanced section) you'll see Audience Targeting.  Put a group in there that only the site admins are a part of.  View name will still show in the dropdown to others but if they click on it they will see a blank page.  I typically add another webpart to the page with the default view so they just end up seeing the default view instead of a blank page (less complaints that way).

Then when you make your KPI list and start adding KPIs you will select the form library, and then the new view.

Friday, July 8, 2011 1:16 PM