SQL Server Cluster issue : Cannot validate the configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a SQL Server Cluster which was blue screened last week. After restoration the cluster works fine so far:

We were able to fail over resources from one node to the other back and forth, the users did not get impacted.

except the "Validate Cluster Configuration"

On Node A I could not access any nodes for the wizard.

On Node B

I could access Node A but not Node B

We have checked the permissions, the ACL, the UAC, etc... we tried the wizard with:

- simple name: Cluster, Node A, Node B

- FQDN: Cluster, Node A, Node B

Same results... from Node B the Wizard works for Node A and give the expected results...

What are the specifics used by the Validate Configuration Wizard which could cause this issue? 

Any idea?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

• Edited by Felyjos Sunday, February 14, 2016 8:53 PM
    Sunday, February 14, 2016 8:49 PM

Answers

• Hi There,

Check the patching level on both servers. The one not working should match with the one working fine.

The may be less or more KB articles on these servers could cause these issues.

I have seen lot of these issues caused by KB articles.

Good luck

kumar

Monday, February 15, 2016 12:03 AM

All replies

• Hi There,

Check the patching level on both servers. The one not working should match with the one working fine.

The may be less or more KB articles on these servers could cause these issues.

I have seen lot of these issues caused by KB articles.

Good luck

kumar

Monday, February 15, 2016 12:03 AM
  • Hi,

I will apply the patches missing and see how it goes,Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 2:29 PM