MVP Site RRS feed

• Question

• I hope it is appropriate for me to post this here.

I tried to go to Microsoft MVP Site and I got a page saying "Sorry, the page you requested is not available.". In that page is a link to go to it; when I click it, I get the same error page, even with the link to go to itself.

Monday, July 30, 2007 6:51 PM

Answers

• Hello Sam,

the link worked for me.

Accessed at: 20:54 German time, GMT+1
    browser: firefox 2.0.0.5

Accessed at: 21:00 German time, GMT+1
    browser: IE 7.0.6001.16510

in both cases:

OS language: English

browser language: German

In both times I got German text on the webpage.

But could be that the problem you experience happens only in certain conditions.
    If you need this website urgently: could you check, if this works or is already fixed ? Perhaps it was only a temporary problem ?

Erkan YILMAZ

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:02 PM
  • It still does not work from my system consistently but it does work from another system I have access to using Terminal Services. Both systems are in the Los Angeles area, so I assume it is neither a language or a geographic problem.

I deleted Microsoft cookies and now it works. I have deleted Microsoft cookies at least once a day in the past few days and the MVP site is another symptom of the problem, whatever it is. Unlike most people, I don't delete all cookies.

So if anyone else has this problem, at least they can use the cookie deletion workaround.

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:45 PM

All replies

• Hello Sam,

the link worked for me.

Accessed at: 20:54 German time, GMT+1
    browser: firefox 2.0.0.5

Accessed at: 21:00 German time, GMT+1
    browser: IE 7.0.6001.16510

in both cases:

OS language: English

browser language: German

In both times I got German text on the webpage.

But could be that the problem you experience happens only in certain conditions.
    If you need this website urgently: could you check, if this works or is already fixed ? Perhaps it was only a temporary problem ?

Erkan YILMAZ

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:02 PM
  • It still does not work from my system consistently but it does work from another system I have access to using Terminal Services. Both systems are in the Los Angeles area, so I assume it is neither a language or a geographic problem.

I deleted Microsoft cookies and now it works. I have deleted Microsoft cookies at least once a day in the past few days and the MVP site is another symptom of the problem, whatever it is. Unlike most people, I don't delete all cookies.

So if anyone else has this problem, at least they can use the cookie deletion workaround.

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:45 PM