none
can I share files between a windows 10 desktop app and the windows 10 mobile emulator

Question

• I have a project to create a system that, at the point of sale in a shop, the customer has the option to have a digital receipt sent to thier mobile phone instead of a paper receipt. I would like to demonstrate this using a C# app on a windows 10 desktop pc as the point of sale (checkout till) and the windows 10 mobile emulator as the customers mobile phone maybe using NFC or Bluetooth. I read that the Windows 10 mobile emulator now supports NFC. I was wondering if anybody knows if this will be possible to do pleas.

Many thanks

Rob

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hi robbiedarza,

We could through the right arrow on the mobile emulator right side. After click the right arrow, it will spend a windows to let you insert SD card into the emulator, this SD card could be any folder on your Windows Desktop pc.

But please make sure there has corresponding apps could open the file you shared.

The screenshot is Windows Phone 10 mobile emulator. But in real world, customer could has any different version mobile, such as android, IOS. So you need to test different emulator for different type mobile.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:16 AM
  • Hi robbiedarza,

Do you have tried above steps and whether it has resolved your problem?

If still has any question about this issue, please feel free to let me know.

If has resolved, please mark the helpful reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 02, 2016 6:39 AM
  • Hi there, many thanks for your reply its really appreciated and helped me out a lot.

I am now stuck with something else! What I would like to do is add a button to my app which will allow me to browse through the sd card folder and select a txt file and be able to read it within the app.  I was wondering if you know how I could do this please?

Many thanks for al your help.

Robbie

• Edited by robbiedarza Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:16 PM spellings
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:15 PM
  • Hi robbiedarza,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

If you want to implement your requirement through a button in your app, I'm afraid that this issue is more related to Windows Phone app development. Please post your new questions to Windows Phone development forum to get a better help. Thanks for your understanding.

In addition, if your original question has been resolved, please mark the helpful rely as answer through the "Mark as answer" hyperlink to close the thread. It is benefit to other communities who has the same issue.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support

Monday, December 19, 2016 8:08 AM