none
Capture Image using Laptop Camera RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends! I am trying to integrate barcode scanning feature using C# WinForm and followed this tutorial that works great.

Scan Barcode With C#

Now the issue is I don't have additional web cam and expecting if there's a way that I can capture image using the laptop camera for barcode scanning purpose.

Right now with the tutorial, I can upload an image and then scan the image with a button click. Better if I can scan the barcode without button click like when I get the barcode image in-front of the cam, then it should instantly scan. Any other libraries that I can use? Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated - Thanks.

Friday, October 18, 2019 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi

Here I found a similar thread may help you.

Can i read barcode from my camera using C#

Besides, if you want to get the "instantly scan", this seems to require machine learning to determine if the obtained image contains barcode. Or another bad way is to create a Timer to keep getting images.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:59 AM