none
MSDN Subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I have read the license agreement for the software and have a good idea what the answer is. Just want to make sure. When and if I ever let my subscription go or cancel. Will I still be able to activate the software that I downloaded as long as I abide by the rules when I had the suscription.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 2:31 AM

Answers

• LA1 -  The MSDN Subscription licenses you for perpetual use of the products and keys obtained while the subscription is active, so you (and no one else) can use them forever.  Installation of certain products, however, will require an activation, and these products have a limit placed on the keys, where they only allow activation a certain number of times.  This limit is usually (but not always) 10 activations per key or more.   Once your subscription is expired, you wont be able to get new products and keys, so you will be able to continue to activate software up to the activation limit of those keys.  Reinstallation on the same hardware does not usually count as an activation.

If you haven't yet, please also review this help documentation and the links contained within: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/cc137104.aspx

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Monday, October 17, 2011 1:18 PM