Place signature in email subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we have one email account in company which sends tons of automatical messages from different applications, including SSRS 2008R2.

Is there some easy way on SSRS side how to sign emails sent by this service ? I know, that I can set it by driven subscription. Problem is, that I dont want to edit hundreds driven report subscriptions queries we have.

Thanks for tip if exists

Friday, August 16, 2013 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To add signature to each subscription email, we can modify the Comment option of the report subscription rather than edit the report subscription query. For the detailed steps, please refer to the link: http://beyondrelational.com/modules/24/syndicated/501/posts/12762/using-email-signatures-in-reporting-subscriptions.aspx

In addition, if there aren’t too many reports, we can also work around this issue by using the suggestion posted by Bryan. In this situation, we need to modify the signature’s visibility using the built-in render format filed so that the signature doesn’t display when users view the report through Report Manager. Please refer to the steps below:

1. Right click the signature and find the visiblity property.
    2. Select the expression in the hidden drop down and input the following expression (you can modify the expression according to your render format in the subscription):
    =IIf(Globals!RenderFormat.Name=”MHTML”,false,true)

If the above suggestions are not acceptable, I am afraid there isn’t any other workaround on SSRS side.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

• Marked as answer by volyn Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:31 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 10:05 AM

All replies

• Why not put the signatures in a table?  That would be a much better way of handling it.
    Friday, August 16, 2013 12:52 PM
  • Hi,

To add signature to each subscription email, we can modify the Comment option of the report subscription rather than edit the report subscription query. For the detailed steps, please refer to the link: http://beyondrelational.com/modules/24/syndicated/501/posts/12762/using-email-signatures-in-reporting-subscriptions.aspx

In addition, if there aren’t too many reports, we can also work around this issue by using the suggestion posted by Bryan. In this situation, we need to modify the signature’s visibility using the built-in render format filed so that the signature doesn’t display when users view the report through Report Manager. Please refer to the steps below:

1. Right click the signature and find the visiblity property.
    2. Select the expression in the hidden drop down and input the following expression (you can modify the expression according to your render format in the subscription):
    =IIf(Globals!RenderFormat.Name=”MHTML”,false,true)

If the above suggestions are not acceptable, I am afraid there isn’t any other workaround on SSRS side.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

• Marked as answer by volyn Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:31 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 10:05 AM
  • Thats what I thought, I have to update all subscriptions. thanks anyway
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:31 AM