Template Binding of Attached properties RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Attached Property and ControlTemplate using the attached property.

This is simplified the control template:

< ControlTemplate >…

< Border >

<ToggleButton  IsChecked="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource TemplatedParent}, Path=assm:Helper.IsSomething, Mode=TwoWay }">
    </Border>
    </ControlTemplate>

And below is how it is used in the application.

<ListBox  asm:Helper.IsSomething="{Binding IsSomething, Mode=TwoWay}"/>

The problem is, when I toggle the toggleButton, it IsChecked state does not get updated the asm.Helper.IsSomething property.

I tried multiple ways to bindthe IsChecked from the ToggleButton in the control to the attached property set in the application, but no success. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:36 AM

Answers

• Seems that the answer was not that difficult, so here it is. Believe it or not, what I missed in the many trails is that it ha to be named specifically Path= when binding to an attached property, and the attached property needs to be in braces ().

IsChecked="{Binding Path=(asm:Helper.IsSomething), Mode=TwoWay, RelativeSource={RelativeSource TemplatedParent}}">

• Marked as answer by viktorg1 Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:43 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:39 AM

All replies

• Seems that the answer was not that difficult, so here it is. Believe it or not, what I missed in the many trails is that it ha to be named specifically Path= when binding to an attached property, and the attached property needs to be in braces ().

IsChecked="{Binding Path=(asm:Helper.IsSomething), Mode=TwoWay, RelativeSource={RelativeSource TemplatedParent}}">

• Marked as answer by viktorg1 Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:43 AM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:39 AM
  • Hi viktorg1,

Glad to hear that you have resolved your issue, and thanks for sharing your solution here.

Best regards,

Sheldon _Xiao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:49 AM