Windows Microsoft Azure file storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, My question is how do <g class="gr_ gr_85 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="85" id="85">i</g> get my client application to preview a file uploaded in the Microsoft Azure File storage.
    Whenever this happens it allows me to download the file into my computer from the client and doesn't allow me to preview.
    Friday, November 30, 2018 9:41 AM

All replies

• Just to clarify: You have stated “get my client application to preview a file uploaded in the Microsoft Azure File storage.” Could please provide more details of the application and how exactly are you trying to upload the file?

Additional information: If you want to get a small portion of the file downloaded, the REST APIs usually have a byte range option. If you are looking out for properties, they can call get blob properties

For more information; Refer to the below mentioned link: 
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/azurefile/   

Monday, December 3, 2018 9:12 AM
  • I am using the Microsoft Azure file storage feature for uploading files to an Application, want to know if Azure file storage provides a public URL to view such files. 
    Monday, February 4, 2019 9:17 AM
  • Does Azure file storage provide a service to generate a pre-signed URL so that files can be uploaded or downloaded
    Monday, February 4, 2019 11:46 AM
  • Would be to create a Shared Access Signature (SAS) on the files with at least Read permission and use that SAS URL. Depending on the file's content type, the file's contents will be either displayed inline in the browser or the user will be prompted to download the file. If you want to force the download, you could always override Content-Disposition response header in the SAS

The Blob Storage with public access is the most practical way to store files. From documentation:

You can specify that a container and its blobs, or a specific blob, are available for public access. When you indicate that a container or blob is public, anyone can read it anonymously; no authentication is required. Public containers and blobs are useful for exposing resources such as media and documents that are hosted on websites. To decrease network latency for a global audience, you can cache blob data used by websites with the Azure CDN.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-introduction/

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Sunday, February 17, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Azure File Service supports SAS when accessing it via REST API - so you would need to ensure that this is what your application is using

More at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/storageservices/file-service-rest-api

hth
    Marcin

Sunday, February 17, 2019 1:35 PM
  • @Grace Ejegwa Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer”, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2019 10:06 AM
  • Hello!  thanks for your response,
    I have tried using the shared access signature on the files and added the said permissions, but I am still unable to preview the file directly from my application, it allows me to download instead. is there something I am missing?
    Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:02 PM
  • Hello!  thanks for your response,
    I have tried using the shared access signature on the files and added the said permissions, but I am still unable to preview the file directly from my application, it allows me to download instead. is there something I am missing?
    Monday, March 25, 2019 3:06 PM
  • We need to work closely on this issue, so If you have a support plan, I request you file a support ticket, else please do let us know, we will try and help you get a one-time free technical support. In this case, could you send an email toAzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com referencing this thread. Please mention "ATTN subm" in the subject field. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and look forward to your reply.

Monday, March 25, 2019 3:47 PM