wpf/e chat helppp RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!! I have a project on wpf browser application.The project is one to many chat application.There is one person who can chat with everyone...The chatters can't chat between themselves. The one person, who can communicate with everyone, can chat with more than one chatter at the same time.It's already browser application(wpf/e)...It can be very simple..There may not be database for it.The chatters will be given name as Guest1, Guest2, Guest 3...etc.. Please help me...I need any suggestions(can be very simple)..I dont know anything about chat application..

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hello, WPF/E is the original name of Silverlight. But from your description, it seems that you're using XBAP (WPF Browser Application)? If XBAP is what you're targeting, you can post your question on the WPF forum. If you're targeting Silverlight, I think Socket is the choice for your scenario. You can find a sample of Socket application in this blog post. Or you may want to wait for Beta2. Maybe we'll support WCF duplex contract in Beta2. Generally speaking, WCF is much easier to use than Socket. But I can't assure you this feature is supported in Beta2 at this point...

Friday, May 9, 2008 1:35 AM