none
Update data to database RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm writting a testing application, i want to update data using asynchronous function from a database component to update data, the problem is my form contain a "cancel" button to break out update event. but i dont know how to cancel this event and rollback the update datas. can some one help me? thanks very much
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:23 AM

Answers

•  

First thin you need to do is look at SQL Transactions and write a procedure for your update that completes the update inside of a transaction.

You can cancel a transaction and rollback until the transaction is committed.

That's the first thin although i'll admit off hand I can't imagine how your going to cancel the procedures execution. But first you will need a tracnasctional update. So start there.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:40 PM

All replies

•  

First thin you need to do is look at SQL Transactions and write a procedure for your update that completes the update inside of a transaction.

You can cancel a transaction and rollback until the transaction is committed.

That's the first thin although i'll admit off hand I can't imagine how your going to cancel the procedures execution. But first you will need a tracnasctional update. So start there.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:40 PM
  •   thank Zamial, i think it good idea, i has just recognized it, anyway thank for your suggest

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:18 PM